Thursday, July 4, 2013

41 more days!!!




How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain: I am up 25lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes, along with some soccer shorts, tank tops, and my maternity swim suit especially with these 100+ degree days. 
Stretch marks? Not yet, and I am about to buy a second tube of cocoa butter cream! 
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty good when we can get the house cooled down enough before bedtime, otherwise it's a struggle with the heat.
Best moment this week:  Setting up the Nursery!! We have the glider, dresser, crib, and changing table set up.  I haven't started washing anything though because I don't have the right detergent yet.

Miss Anything? Sitting for long periods of time.  At the A's game last night I paid for sitting and hour and a half straight :( oops. 
Movement: Baby girl Hiccups like crazy all the time!  You can see my belly jiggle when she has them too, it's fun to watch!  I think she flipped sides because now I get a lot of jabs/kicks in my left side versus my right side that I had been getting for the past couple months.  I still don't think she is head down or dropped yet.  She is resting very high today, hence the heartburn. 
Food cravings: Vanilla ice cream, and Mexican food, not together though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Ha ha, just the skunk that is hanging around the property lately.  I feel like I have super sniffer powers. (I know my sense of smell is heightened, but really I would love not to smell skunk all the time)
Gender: Girl 

Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Still heartburn, and the occasional sciatica, but oh my I had my first real Braxton Hicks contraction the other day.  I actually asked Ross to time is because it was that strong!  It lasted for 1 minute and 55 seconds!  My body is definitely getting ready.
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie but very close to becoming a flattie. :)
Wedding rings on or off? I finally took my wedding band off because after a really hot day it got stuck so I decided to be safe and just keep it off until it safely fits again.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Somewhat anxious for labor and delivery.
Looking forward to: Holding baby girl and celebrating holidays like today with her! 



Here are a few pictures of her nursery so far...
Just about each piece of furniture has sentimental value and has been passed down.  

A beautiful hand-me down crib that is about 14 years old!!
Note the hospital bag to the right packed and ready just in case.

Oh and I also have a toy chest that has my name on it from when I was young.
I plan on sanding it down and painting Baby Girl's name on it.
(the same toy chest seen in our gender reveal pictures in the week 20 post)

The changing table came with the crib and can be flipped over to be a flat topped
dresser when the changing table is no longer needed.

The dresser on the left is my dresser from my childhood our family made together in the garage.
Each of my sisters has their own and now I have passed mine down to my daughter.
 *smile, and a little tear*

The infamous glider, I know I can always count on finding Ross in that chair!
Pretty soon he won't be holding his phone in it though, he'll be holding his sweet baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment